Senior MacOS Engineer
About the job
We’re always looking for self-motivated developers who understand that great engineering is more than how a product solves complex computations.
We're looking for someone who:
• loves working on and thinking about consumer-facing experiences
• wants to understand the desired outcomes, and be given the autonomy to figure out the right path, rather than implementing predetermined specs
• has a collaborative mindset, recognizing that most great outcomes are accomplished by teams, not individuals
• is extremely proactive, resourceful, and constantly learning
• is hungry to produce excellent work
• believes that 'good' is the enemy of 'great'
Must be very willing to help co-workers and be sacrificial with time. Our work-culture is very much like a warm family, NOT a cold office.
Fluent in C/C++, GCC, CMake/Make for MacOS kernel/driver/plugin development
Ability to analyze assembly-level code (x86, x64, ARM, ARM64, etc)
Knowledge of how operating systems work from "user mode" code right through to the kernel; Operating Systems Architecture
Experience using a disassembler (IDA Pro, BinaryNinja, etc) to determine how an application works and processes data.
Exceptional software engineering knowledge (ie., OO Design Principles)
Strong understanding of client & server application design
Effectively communicate and support your approaches and decisions
Work under pressure and deliver results with multiple stakeholders
Good written and communication skills (English)
Proficient in Xcode, & Swift/Objective-C for macOS development to produce and prototype at different levels of fidelity
Mac/Linux Application and/or Operating System development experience (system-level programming)
Entrepreneurial mindset or small startup experience
Live apps available in the App Store
Experience with scaling to a large customer base